.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Joys of Art

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

It's a Small World After All

LOL.....I saw where Governor Blanco met with the Mayor of Folsom yesterday....Mayor Marshell Brumfield is the Mayor of Folsom and he just happens to be a very close friend of my daddy....LOL...You should have asked him if he knew "Howard D."....They went to Southern University together and are very close friends.....It was the four of them : Howard, Randolph, Barron (who was shot and died as a consequence) and Marshell....I actually happen to like the town of Folsom as it seems much better than the small town that I grew up in.....

Life is a Highway--Tom Cochrane

( I had to search and look for this one....LOL....Yes, even after having over 3 thousand songs)

When I first went to Folsom back in 1986 I saw one of Marshall's daughter's cousin driving a Grand Am and as a consequence my first car was a Grand Am.....I loved my '87 Grand Am.....And it was brand spanking new bought by guess who---LOL---yes my daddy....Look he is not all that bad but we do have some unresolved issues.....So when I was reading in the paper how the Governor met with Marshell Brumfield I had to ask my mother of course if he was Mayor of Folsom (I am still ticked at my daddy) as his family has lived in Folsom for ages....LOL....Small world isn't it!!!!! They also had this awesome seafood restaurant that we went to...It rocked!!!!

LOL....My son Corey has a very wonderful singing voice....I am about to go to bed and just picked him up from my parents as I am working nights until Friday morning....He is watching tv which you'd think he'd be tired after going to bed at 10:30 A.M. yesterday morning.....He is upstairs in his room singing "Life is a highway....I want to ride it all night long...." I guess "Life" truly is a highway.....:o)


Life Is A Highway--Tom Cochrane

Life's like a road that you travel on
When there's one day here and the next day gone
Sometimes you bend sometimes you stand
Sometimes you turn your back to the wind
There's a world outside every darkened Door
Where blues won't haunt you anymore
Where the brave are free and lovers soar
Come ride with me to the distant shore
We won't hesitate break down the garden gate
There's not much left today
Life is a highway
I want to ride it all night long
If you're going my way
I want to drive it all night long

Through all the cities and all these towns
It's in my blood and it's all around
I love you now like I loved you then
This is the road and these are the hands
From mozambique to those memphis nights
The khyber pass to vancouver's lights
Knock me down get back up again
You're in my blood I'm not a lonely man

There's no load I can't hold
Road so rough this I know
I'll bee there when the light comes in
Tell 'em we're survivors

Chorus x2

There was a distance between you and I
A misunderstanding once but now
We look it in the eye

There's no load I can't hold
Road so rough this I know
I'll be there when the light comes in
Tell 'em we're survivors

Chorus x 3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home