.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Joys of Art

Friday, June 16, 2006

The Year of the Woman

Through the Fire--Chaka Chan


Posted by Picasa

Screw Time Magazine's "Person of the year"....I'm unofficially declaring this year of 2006 "The Year of the Woman".....In celebration of women far and wide....Lord, knows that Bush has made enough mothers, daughters and sisters cry, weep and wail since he has been in office....(Governor Blanco, that pink and grey ensemble rocks!!!!)

Well, everyone should know that I have made Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco my "mama" and I have adopted some "sisters" also....Let's give a shout out to Summer...Keep having fun on your new job at the radio station!!!! And to my wayward "sister"--You're getting a letter Senator Mary Landrieu!!! Soon!!!! And to my newest "sister" who hooks me up with all the fixin's, I recently found out that you weren't feeling too well so we'll pray for you and speak health and healing to your body in the name of Jesus....To my "sister" Irene....Be strong, hold on.....Life is full of ups and downs, triumphs and disappointments, sorrows and joys.....To my new "sister" who is also my supervisor....I knew that I would wrap you around my finger Belinda....It was too easy....There isn't anything that LOVE can't handle!!! We get along good together....I knew that we would....I'm happy to be on your shift!!!! You mah gurl!!!! Muah!!! And to my sistah "gwirl" Sadie, quit being so wayward!!! And no, teenagers do not "taste like chocolate so stick to 'milk bones'"!!!! I'm so content that I am not living my life in the "shadow" of any man--only in the center of God's will.....

shout-out

shout-out (n.) Slang. A public expression of thanks or gratitude
"I want to give a shout-out to Louisiana's Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco for bringing to light the problem of Louisiana's coastal erosion...."
Source: Sharon, Louisiana

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home