.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Joys of Art

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Everything to God in Prayer


Sadie is a primadonna but last week she wasn't feeling good at all....I actually thought she might die....So what do you do if you're sick and can't get well??? Call Him up and tell Him what you want!!!! So I anointed her little (doggie) forehead with some oil I got from my mother (anointing oil specially prepared)and I spoke health and healing on her in Jesus's name for three days ...Yeah you can pray for animals....If you read in the Bible when the children of God sought God's grace and mercy they went into fasting and prayer and they even put the animals on a fast....So if animals (swine) can receive demonic spirits they shole can receive God's mercy and healing....Now she is back to cutting up and terrorizing the neighborhood again....Those two must be "dog tired" in this picture....

God will always meet you where you are....LOL....He'll be right there...Even when you are rolling around in the grass....I mean literally rolling around in the grass like I was back in 2004....That must have made a sight for the angels who I am sure quickly darted off to the throne of Grace and said to God "Come and see this....She wants to have it out with you..." And I was ready to have it out with God....

But ain't nothing too hard for God not even my Cajun temper and I DO have one....At that point I was major frustrated with God and my perfectionist ways....Little did I know that God didn't expect me to be perfect just me and friends and relatives who really didn't help me by encouraging a "perfectionist" attitude....God would rather have a "just as I am" attitude from us..... Just in the Summer of 2003 my while visiting my aunt in Houston I got to talking to her and I was like "I really need to start working on a master's degree" and she was like "Yeah you do need to"...My aunt Shirley has her master's and she has been a school teacher for a long time and she has always tried to reign me in like a school teacher would...I have a lot of teacher relatives on my mother's side of the family....I used to run from this same aunt who was always trying to run me out of the grown ups conversation in the kitchen at my grandmother's house in Opelousas when I was a child (So I'd run to my aunt Janie who used to call me "book worm" and would let me read to her)...My aunt Janie couldn't do a press and curl though....A straightening comb in her hands was like a WMD in the hands of a terrorist....But hey we are not perfect and she was my favorite aunt...There in is where the problem lies and my son is turning out the same way--a perfectionist...So when my aunt Shirley commented to me and basically said that she sure hoped that we would hurry up and do what we were called to do so that my daddy would be proud my soul felt that it was anchored down with a thousand weights at the bottom of an abyss....There is no bottom to an abyss is there??? And that was part of the problem...I long since begun to see God in the image of man and not man being created in the image of God but yet created a little lower than the angels....It had gotten to the point that all my relationships with the men (males) in my life I saw as a dismal failure of my relationship with God....So then I didn't want to really have anything to do with God...But God doesn't let go that easily....He is forever there with outstretched arms, softly and gently calling....I felt that I was a disappointment to him because I felt my relationships with all the males in my life were disappointments.....So when I rolled my car over twice on the interstate that day and almost killed myself in the process I figured that it was the perfect time to yell and scream at God (and myself to be honest with you)...And if you know me I don't do ANYTHING half-heartedly!!! My little tantrum went on for about an hour (or more) even as bruised and broken as I was....I still managed to put on a good show....Now here I was after just having a near death experience and when I found out that I was going to live through it I had the nerve enough to get mad....I had deployed both airbags (the driver's side airbag struck me in the face and I had a bruise on my cheek), totalled my car and burst out the back windshield and here I was having a straight up tantrum....But God said "HAVE YOUR TANTRUM BUT YOU ARE NOT GETTING OFF THAT EASILY....I BROUGHT YOU BACK TO LOUISIANA FOR A REASON..." This bruised and broken girl had been through some storms of her own while living in Texas....I damned near lost everything that I owned, to include my freedom and it wasn't a category 3, 4 or 5 tropical storm that took it away....See I know what it is like to lose a house and that is a very stressful thing....I've been to the bottom and it wasn't a breached levee that had swept me out to sea....So as I screamed at God about how He should have killed me and that I was a major screw up (I'll use the term "screw up", just in case the governor might happen to hear about this I don't want her to think that I cuss a lot or at least more than New Orleans' Mayor Ray Nagin...Hey I'm not perfect--just forgiven!!)...

God always meets you where you are and He doesen't even mind getting dirty....Well, He had to because I was currently rolling around in the highway median in the grass and mud at the time....So He lifted me up and set me on my feet and said "YOU'RE BEING SELFISH...I BROUGHT YOU OUT OF YOUR STORMS SO THAT YOU COULD HELP PRAY OTHERS THROUGH THEIR STORMS..." And Lord knows that I was getting ready to run....I had just moved from Texas and had already quickly decided that I had had enough of Louisiana....I had decided that I would run to North Carolina...I had had enough of my mama, my daddy, my son and I were having conflicts with one another due to my parents and the Governor was upsetting me by saying that we shouldn't say anything bad about Louisiana....Hey, I had plenty of BAD things to say about EVERYTHING....I was getting ready to run, but you can't run from God's will....So here I am--to STAY and to PRAY....God has nothing but Love, patience, kindness, mercy and understanding for us--all those things that we should be showing to one another....15 days later a very beautiful 25 year old woman (along with her two children) was driving down the interstate.... She lost control of her vehicle....She died in nearly the exact same spot where I rolled my car twice....She died doing the same thing that I did which caused me to lose control of my vehicle--both she and I "overcorrected"....That could have been me....Note: if you look at my weblog it took me 13 days to even write about what happened to me--sparing the details and that was even two days before that young woman was killed.....

The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill--Lauryn Hill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home