.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Joys of Art

Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Mirror



Jaci Velasquez--On My Knees

There is something about a mirror.....It is more than a looking glass to examine one's self....The mirror shows you things that you can't even see....I have always had a mirror in my living room....I had eluded to a story concerning what my son told me about four weeks ago realating to something that had happened to him in San Antonio....He was playing his game on the television in the living room and for some reason the game's icon didn't show up on the game on the television but he said that he could see the icon on the television in the mirror's reflection....Interesting enough isn't it??? I passed by my mirror and it was then that I heard "I have heard her prayer and it will ever appear before the throne of heaven..." Am I the only one wondering why President Bush would get so upset over thr governor not attending his day of prayer???? Satan has access to the throne of God.....Remember the Bible says that he is the accuser of the bretheren....

I passed by the mirror yesterday and glanced in it....I heard the mirror say "You know Sharon you are not comfortable with your sexuality"....I had just come inside...My neighbor had a childhood friend over and this friend was quite interested in me....He is my childhood friend....He is my neighbor's relative....I think that not too many Black woman have liberty with being comfortable with their sexuality....This world has been very unkind to Black women even more so than any other woman....All the late nights that I have spent crying my eyes out because some White male friend had the nerve enough to tell me some shit concerning Black folks.....For those who remember a previous post I stated that they will even come into your own house and say the most pathetic racial shit to you....For instance I had an E-7 in the military (He made Sergeant major) tell me that as far as he was concerned slavery wasn't all that bad so Blacks don't have a thing to complain about.....So abuse, enslavement and rape is ok with you??? Amazing!!!! We were at the American legion at the time but he was spending a night like he always did on the weekend as his wife was way in San Antonio catting around with her lover and his step-daughter in San Antonio also covering for her.....See, like I say it always boils down to sex and sexuality.....When he told me this a White lady who was sitting at a table in front of us and had been listening to the conversation and how it had advanced from being a subtle racist one to a flaming racist one--she turned around and said to me "If I were you I wouldn't take that from him..." I didn't....I sent his azz packing and I never saw him since....That has been over ten years ago....This was a person who spent his weekends eating our food, burning our electricity and enjoying bingo at our expense while his Thailand born wife drove to San Antonio to bone her lover (Sharon be nice!!! Why?!! These people haven't been nice to me!!!) and his half Thai and half German stepdaughter covered for her....It always boils down to sex folks....Trust me on this one.....Rush was always right according to him and trust me I always had to hear it....Too bad Rush couldn't tell him how to stop his wife from boning another man just like he had much shit to talk about Blacks on television....I had once read that the reason men seek money and power is so that they can define sex (sexuality) in their own terms..I truly believe that....

The first time I spent the whole night listening to a racist Mexican and a racist white trash female (all drug heads) talk the entire night about how they didn't aggree with interracial dating and relationships....The Mexicans have arrived folks and now they get to talk shit about Black folks too....I got called "Black dog" and the Black dog got called "black girl" that night.....Practically no one had my back that night to include my then husband except for my niece's mother Vivian....It always boils down to sex folks....About three years ago the Mexican trash talking dude came to my ex-brother-in law and wanted to him him to spy on the trash talking white girl as it seems as though she had gotten pregnant for another guy and that baby wasn't his....Like I say it always boils down to sex folks.....They had married and decided to raise a family long since the day of keeping me up that night...Had I known all the guns they had in that house I would have found me a way out of San Antonio....You see guns make them feel powerful and they equate sex and sexuality with power also....I spent over a grand to send out a positive video and even sent it to each and every member of Congress....Meanwhile the racists rednecks were busy distributing theirs via the internet complete with a song and pictures and verses saying that "Blacks were raping, looting, shooting and shitting in the streets" during Hurricane Katrina....Yes I heard it with my own ears...I didn't see the video as my co-worker was showing it to his fellow racist redneck clowns in the next room....

So the moral of my story is this...I have long since decided that I will not marry, date, or have sex with a man who is not from Louisiana..I know what I am getting when I stick to my own kind.....If you are not from Louisiana your chances of getting with me are slim and none....If you can't handle that then tough....The most we can be is friends....Comprendez-vous?? I have been down that other road and I refuse to let anyone drag me down it anymore....So don't come telling me some simple ass shit about Governor Blanco....It had better be legit such as she robbed a liquor store and car jacked a Lexis last night or some shit like that.....I'll just ignore you and laugh at you and order a set of twenty stamps with her picture on them...:o) Say I won't do it!!!! I double-dog dare you!!!!

We have the ability to define ourselves and create our own worlds....I am creating mine just as you are creating yours....Only my world consists of crawfish, blue crabs, gumbo, etouffee, Cajun/Zydeco, Cajun/Creole culture and the Cajun/Creole way of life....And just think--I can sleep well at night without again crying my eyes out....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home