.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Joys of Art

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Jump Start



To whom much is given much shall be required....

Patty LaBelle--When You've Been Blessed



The Devil is always on his job and that is to try and discourage you, make you doubt and try and keep you in bondage....

I was feeling pretty discouraged this day and really didn't eat that much even though I brought gumbo to work today....I will work 75 hours this week instead of 74 as I am working three thirteen hour shifts in a row....I was feeling down and frustrated with our politicians....The Bush administration and the 109th Congress is the most ungodly counsel that I have ever seen....Some times you feel like all your good works are just done in vain.....

Then God steps in to jumpstart your faith....

I decided that I wanted Popeyes after lunch and that I would save my gumbo in the refridgerator to eat at work tomorrow....So after working 13 hours and then pumping some gas I headed of to Popeyes to get a bite to eat....As I headed for the drive through I saw a woman walk across the parking lot and head to the lobby door....It was locked as businesses are still closing early due to hurricane Rita....Why the lobby closed at 7 instead of eight is beyond me.....The lady then heads back to her caravan....Then she walks around the parking lot apparently frustrated and talking to herself....Then she heads towards the bank's parking lot to try and flag down a policeman....He apparently didn't even notice her....Then she starts back towards the Popeye's parking lot when she cam to my car I rolled down the window as she apparently had something to tell me.....She asked me if I had a pair of jumper cables....Fortunately I finally remembered to put them back in my trunk so I told her yes.....I told her that I didn't know how to correctly place them though....At that moment a truck carrying a man and a woman came up the driveway....So as she headed to the door lobby of Popeyes I flag them down and they told us they would drive their truck around to the bank's side of the parking lot and place the cables on their truck and her car.....

While they were doing that the woman told me that she was headed to her neighbor's funeral....She had her disabled daughter who was wheelchair bound in her Dodge Caravan with her and that her daughter could neither speak nor hear....She had four teenage grandaughters of the deceased woman with her whom they had all bonded when she lost her 13 year old son to death and that they all lived around one another....At this point all this was pretty much a tear jerker....She had been one of the people that had offered to pick up food for the attendees of the funeral....So when she stopped to go inside Popeyes to get some food the vehicle wouldn't start when she tried to start it.....So she gave me a hug and thank me again and again.... I let her have the jumper cables as I was have been in mood to buy something and I didn't want her to end up with a car that wouldn't start again....Walmart is just right across the street from Popeyes so I picked me up another set....It was an attest to the fact that God is still on the throne and good will ultimately triumph over evil no matter what President George W. Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney and the 535 members of Congress might tell us....God is the final authority and even when we feel down God puts people in our path to let us know that He is still leading and guiding us....There are mountains and valleys all along this journey.....There is nothing that is too hard for God and we were put down here exactly for this sort of stuff...In fact the Bible says "Freely you have received---freely give"....Our nation's leaders have yet to find out exactly what that means for look at the way that they treat the hurricane victims....Arnie gets levee funding approved even before Governor Blanco does....Satan tried to kill this message as I had to retype it but the Devil can't hender God's divine plan....So all you Luciferians, Illuminatis, New World Order folks and Moriah Conquering Winds people will solely be disappointed in the end....In the end God rules and reigns and you all will end up cast into the Lake of Fire....But it isn't like you all don't deserve eternal separation from God anyway so let's give God all the Glory....Even so....Come Lord Jesus....Amen.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home