.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Joys of Art

Thursday, February 09, 2006

I have been singing this song for two days

Hand Me Down

Hand Me Down

cho: Oh, hand me down (Hand me down)
Hand me down (hand me down)
Hand me down my silver trumpet Gabriel
Hand it down, Throw it down, Any old way, just get it down
Hand me down my silver trumpet Lord

Oh, Moses had a lot to do
Hand me down my silver trumpet, Gabriel
When he led the Children of Israel through
Hand me down my silver trumpet, Lord.

Oh, Satan's mad an' I am glad
Hand me down my silver trumpet, Gabriel
he lost a soul he thought he had
Hand me down my silver trumpet, Lord.


God did tell me start buying instruments...

Numbers 10.1-10, Moses was told by God to "Make two silver trumpets; of hammered work you shall make them; and you shall use them for summoning the congregation, and for breaking camp." The trumpets were also to be used to sound the alarm when the people went to war, in religious ceremonies, and at feasts. As a fanfare instrument the trumpet was used in celebration of Solomon's temple with 120 priests sounding the horns, as recorded in II Chronicles 5.12-13.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home