.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Joys of Art

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Remember this one???

Thursday, February 03, 2005

God Bless the chile that's got his own...

If some of you would read my friend Kenya's weblog you would see that she and I are carbon-copies of one another for the most part....Kenya once told me that her mother hated her....Well, I would swear that mine hates me also....If you my blog readers would recall from a previous post that she slapped me and called me a whore because at age 37 I had the audacity to be having sex with my boyfriend (who is now my ex-boyfriend)..."Mr. Insecurity" (the ex-boyfriend) noticed this mother-daughter conflict and played it to his advantage....He would have conversations with my own mother about me...But he didn't understand that my mother takes no prisoners....What she did to me she was going to do to him in full effect also--that is if he managed to stay around long enough...On a side note: I guarantee that she won't be calling neither my brother nor his girlfriend a whore on the cruise....You all might not know it but we are going on a 7 day cruise--the whole immediate family along with some friends that work with my dad and my brother's girlfriend and her mother and father....My brother is sharing a room with his girlfriend....He is younger than me and he is truly her favorite son....Really, he is....All her sons are more revered than I am....Trust me folks, she has been harboring a bitter taste against me ever since the day I was born and coupled with that I wasn't born a male child...Yesterday, she started on me about the evils of birth-control....This woman has never even used a tampon in her life...She listens to all that pathetic ass shit those crazy ass White evangelists on tv tell you....Like they are considering the plight of the Black race....

My mother truly has a "plantation mentality"....I mean we live less than 2 hrs away from Houston and most of her brothers and sisters (and their relatives live there) but she has not ONE time ever driven there....They say the first time she went to Houston she cried and she TOOK THE TRAIN!!! THIS WAS BACK IN THE 60'S BEFORE I WAS EVEN BORN!! She is truly scared of life and living (now some of you can see why there are things that I saw in Louisiana that I thought were truly weird and scary).....People down here have some strange ways...Example: People would put fucking signs on their homes saying that if you were a woman you couldn't come in their house wearing pants....Hello Taliban!! Yes folks we do have some Bayou Talibans down here!!! Ayeeeeeee!!! Louisiana rednecks have their own strange and scary behavior but that is a topic of the next Jeraldo show...er...I mean weblog....

If you were to tell her that she never prepared me for life, womanhood, career and family she would cuss you out....She is truly innocent according to her...BUT YOU CAN'T TELL HER ANYTHING...My mother has a limited understanding about most things....That comes from living in a state that seems to love it's lousy quality of life, lack of decent education, poverty, racism, lack of job skills training, regressive thinking, and so much more....Trust me folks the list goes on....But please don't tell Governor Blanco this....She doesn't want you to say anything bad about Louisiana to include the fact the many people in this state are so ignorant that they can't even teach their own daughters how to insert a tampon during their periods...I think the next slapping that I get from my mother, Governor Blanco needs to take it instead...On a side note: I think the governor needs to get busy addressing the high rates of infant mortality, childhood poverty and unwanted pregnancies in this state....I do hope she reads this post...

Now it seems that my dad is subject to come into a considerable amount of money...Trust my mother and father both have plans for that money.....I only have plans to turn over a new leaf and flee this state....If I do hang around it will be from a suburb near New Orleans (across state)....But most likely I will try and move near the Carolinas and Virginia where my brothers are...My mother called me and told me to try and get in touch with my father at work because she was recently notified about one of his first settlement checks....Daddy is no fool....I guess I misinterpreted his seemingly annoyance with me for calling him with this information for something else....Hindsight leads me to believe that he was more annoyed with my mother than with me for calling him and letting him know this (In fact he has already been notified about this information)...I'll tell you this....My mother listens to all this shit on television that comes from all those preachers.....My dad doesn't believe in giving them anything financially and hardly anything to finance pastors and churches....He believes money is better spent by helping the community directly...He once knew a man that was killed by an explosion in the refinery that he works at and his wife damn near gave everything to the preachers....The man's family was compensated in a law-suit...My daddy was pretty disgusted with the fact that the woman gave away all her husband's money and only had a fucking trailer to show for it...Trust me, Bush, television evangelists, and politicians are happy to prey on the religious-ignorance of many people in Louisiana...My daddy is NOT about to let that happen with his money and he is not a Bush supporter...That is why he is not really concerned with picking up his first settlement check just yet....I know how much is it and I won't specify here but I wish someone gave me that amount of money...My daddy is kinda pushy in his own ways but he definitely likes and knows how to plan things out....The wheels are spinning in his head over what he is going to do with that check and future settlement checks....I am glad that something useful will more than likely come of it....I am not concerned with getting a dime (although I hope that he considers my son's education and I know that he will because he contacted me about opening an account for my son's education)....My mother would give away most of it to Swaggart and John Hagee, Dr. James Dobson and others and would have nothing to show for it but yet this woman would say that she is truly prepared and that she prepared her kids for life and living...I beg to differ....

posted by Sharon at 2/03/2005 01:38:54 AM

0 Comments:Post a Comment

<< Home

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Comments:

  • I was doing a search through my weblog on the number of times I had included the Governor's name in my blog posts....I came up on this blog post....(smile).....Believe it or not after she was elected as Governor God said to me as plain as day "you didn't not get to vote for her (as I has just moved back to Louisiana from Texas and by law was not eligible to vote) but I want you to support her"....I said to Him "Ok God....But if she slips up she will hear about it from me"....He said "fair enough"....So when I read that article in the newspaper about not saying anything negative about Louisiana my blood went to boiling....I felt that we had a lot of (negative) things to address to make things positive in Louisiana....And thus my resurrected my desire to flee....You know the "fright or flight" thing....I start to feeling that she was just another Cajun who was in denial about the shortcomings of Louisiana....Plus my family and boyfriend drama wasn't making the desire to "get away from here" any better....I have stopped running and I have yet begun to fight....I am here for the duration---as in FOREVER!!!!! I HAVE BEEN TO THE BOTTOM AND IT WASN'T NO HURRICANE THAT CAUSE ME TO BE THERE....I will flee NO more....I don't plan on leaving Louisiana...This is what I was destined for....This is my calling...This is my challenge....This is my story....God specifically told me to support her and that I have not failed to do....I see why He wanted me to support her....God was preparing her to go through some difficult and trying times and it would be through NO fault of her own....God always rewards the faithful and I will forever be faithful to intercession for her and anyone else that God tells me to STAND IN THE GAP for....Our Spirits are ONE....I will continuously be in prayer and intercession for you Governor Blanco.....And NO you don't have to take any "slapping" for me dear Governor....

    By Blogger Sharon, at Sunday, January 22, 2006 12:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home