.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Joys of Art

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Oh Louisiana

Oh Louisiana---Wayne Toups & Zydecajun

This song is dedicated to all my government elected officials who are fighting hard to preserve Louisiana....We have to stick together lest we be washed away....Divided=conquered....Special thanks to you Congressman Melancon....Thank you Rep. Charlie Melancon for exposing the truth concerning Michael "brownie" Brown and the hurricane Katrina fiasco....




He takes a stroll down the cane filled road
It's where he's from
fifteen years since he shed the tears on the day that he left home
It was a humid day barefoot children played
Looking for that summer shade time just slips away

Oh Louisiana
Some kinda hold on me
Like cypress stumps your roots are planted deep inside of me

Oh Louisiana
Your world is sane (not dysfunctional "Brownie"....I added this) to me
Cajun blood like the river flood it's wild and running free

Next to highway 1 the bayou runs to the Gulf of Mexico
Broken dreams going downstream in a never ending flow

See the spirit of the past in the faces of today
Hear the voices call
This time I'm here to stay

Oh Louisiana
Some kinda hold on me
Like cypress stumps your roots are planted deep inside of me

Oh Louisiana
your world is sane to me
Cajun blood like the river flood it's wild and running free

The heavy rain smells light and sweet
and the memories come down with them
the roof becomes an old tin drum as the rain drops tap out the rhythm

Oh Louisiana
Some kinda hold on me
Like cypress stumps your roots are planted deep inside of me

Oh Louisiana
your world is sane to me
Cajun blood like the river flood it's wild and running free

Oh Louisiana
some kinda hold on me
It's hard to plant new roots when the soil don't break so easily

Oh Louisiana
your world is sane to me
Cajun blood like the river flood it's wild and running, running free

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home