.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Joys of Art

Sunday, September 18, 2005

That Girl's got spunk


Sunday, Sept. 4, 2005 10:06 a.m. EDT
Mary Landrieu: I'll Punch Bush, 'Literally'

Sen. Mary Landrieu threatened the president of the United States with physical violence on Sunday, saying that if he or any other government official criticizes New Orleans police for failing to keep civil order in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina - "I might likely have to punch him - literally."

"If one person criticizes [our sheriffs], or says one more thing, including the president of the United States, he will hear from me - one more word about it after this show airs and I - I might likely have to punch him - literally," Landrieu railed on "ABC's "This Week."


Cool!!!! Mary Landrieu for Governor I say....

In Louisiana we don't "crawfish" (backdown or go back on what we first said)....



Sen. Mary Landrieu: I'll Still Punch Bush

Sen. Mary Landrieu refused on Friday to withdraw or apologize for her threat to punch President Bush if he criticized Louisiana officials - despite Bush's magnanimous speech Thursday night and a federal downpayment of more than $60 billion dollars to rebuild her state.

"I do not take it back, I don't apologize for it. I said I would punch anybody, including the president," she told the Chicago Tribune.

"Though threatening the president is a crime," the Tribune noted - "the Secret Service took it as a joke and the White House brushed off her remarks."

Standing in the Capitol, however, Landrieu made it clear she wasn't joking.


Ah...Dear Senator Landrieu but you'd have to take a number on that one....You'd be surprised at how many people would do more than that to him if the secret service wasn't around....Many have tried but someone will succeed one day....Most likely some disgruntled 72 year old veteran will be the one to succeed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home